Mangum Tax is looking for highly qualified candidates to become Tax Experts at our office. The position is highly flexible allowing Experts to guide their own schedule, including: Time Off, Work Days, & Work Hours. Top candidates will be customer oriented, have general math & computer proficiency, and have prior tax preparation experience.
Mangum Tax is happy to support your desire to become a Tax Expert and offers reimbursement options to those looking to become a certified tax preparer. Certifications (PTINs) must be obtained before October 31st.
- Conduct a thorough in-person interview with potential/existing clients.
- Complete all related tax forms in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information & advice to ensure correct completion.
- Answer tax payer questions in a timely manner and do proper research.
- Audit all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Consult tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation to determine the needed forms for the tax return.
- Reach out to prior clients
- Seek out new clients
- PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
- Reimbursement options available for PTIN certification classes and training.
- PTIN Deadline (October 31st)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills.
- General Computer Proficiency (Required)
- Google Suite Products (Calendar, Mail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Scanning Documents
- Detail Oriented
- Proficient at basic math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division).
- Ability to adapt to changing regulations and policies.
Mangum Tax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
After filling out this form, applicants should be prepared for a phone interview.
|Type of Work||Seasonal/Temporary|
|Length||January - May|
|Flexible Schedule||Guide your own Schedule.|
|Work Days||Monday - Saturday|
|Pay Structure||$10.50/hr + Commission Bonuses|